Phillips Racing Fuel B32

7 replies to this topic
  • Wyatt

Posted October 17, 2001 - 04:41 PM

Does anyone else run this fuel in their bikes? (Phillips B32 110 octane / blue)

I have used it with a 1:1 mixture with pump gas and my bike runs very well. I have read many of the posts on race fuel and I am now considering using it 100%.

I have read that some fuels cause a richer or leaner mixture.

Just wondering if anyone else uses this fuel and what I should expect when running it straight.

• Boit

Posted October 17, 2001 - 09:50 PM

B 32 is an excellent choice for the 426. While I haven't used it personally, what I've heard so far is nothing but raves. Generally, non-oxygenated fuels will make your engine run richer and leaner jetting is required to compensate. Oxygenated fuels such as VP MR2 requires richer jetting. To derive the most benefit from using race fuels, you must jet crisp. Otherwise, it's a waste of money and you will be very disappointed. If you are willing to do the jetting, the results are quite satisfying.

• screamin426

Posted October 18, 2001 - 02:29 AM

ya, not to mention, its better for your bike too,but don't contaminate race fuel with pump gas, run one or the other...

2001 yz 426
1998 gsx-r 750

• JBM

Posted October 18, 2001 - 11:09 AM

Boit is right on the money. Phillips B35 is also oxygenated and for an oxygenated fuel is priced very reasonable compared to VP MR1 and MR2. I've heard it works very well in the YZFs too, although I haven't tried it. By the way MR1 is what Team Yamaha ran in their bikes this past season, very expensive though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • scottzx7rr

Posted October 18, 2001 - 06:05 PM

Where do you get it at by chance? I used to get Sunoco Race fuel for my bikes at a local gas station that handled it for the local NASCAR track but they recently quit.

Scott #410
Some Fear Racing "Cause if you don't have any you ain't going fast enough"
'99 YZ400F(Coming to a Theater near you soon)
'92 ZX-7R and '97 ZX-7RR
"Doesn't hurt till the bone is exposed"
"When cut do you bleed green? I do!"

• JBM

Posted October 19, 2001 - 05:20 AM

You can go here to find a distributor near you, either on the website or you can call them. They are very helpful.

• RetroThumper

Posted October 19, 2001 - 05:25 AM

Just a the 426's handle the race gas better than the 400's? Recall that they do not recommend race gas in the engines because the "carb seals and roller bearings don't like it"???

• SUnruh

Posted October 19, 2001 - 06:21 AM

that is complete and utter bovine exhaust.
since the day i got my 250F (dec 15) it has ONLY had race gas in it (VP C12, Howell 002).
for 2 years i ran those fuels in my '98yz250 as well. you probably got this info from one of the mis-information rags that amount to a glossy form of really bad toilet paper.

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.