Cheap Headlight Bulb Replacement

3 replies to this topic
  • Big_D

Posted November 11, 2003 - 10:10 PM

After almost 2K miles of whoops the cheesey stock headlight bulb on the BRP went out. I talked to the shop that I normally deal with (not a dealer) and they claim that they can only get the single element bulbs from Honda. I stopped by the local Honda dealer and they wanted $6.79 for a stinken bulb before they added sales tax! :)

So I went in search of a cheaper alternative, and found the A-3603 style bulb. It has the same flange as the stock bulb but has two 25W elements. So I ran a fat bead of solder between the two contacts on the bottom and now I have a 50W bulb. A two pack cost me $4.95, and when one element goes I will have a 25W left to get me home.

Brighter, cheaper, a bit of redundancy before total failure and zero mods to the bike. It seems like a good solution so I thought I would pass it on. :D

• The_Beav

Posted November 12, 2003 - 06:27 AM

Cool. Thanks for the tip! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Carlisle1972

Posted November 12, 2003 - 12:53 PM

Great idea an easy way to make it even brighter is to purchase a glass lens baja designs has them not too much money and, much better than the plastic one the pig comes with

• Baja Rudy

Posted November 12, 2003 - 04:05 PM

that is a great money saver but the other alternative is: run a glass lense ($25) with a very expensive H3 PIAA xtreme white bulb ($36). the cost is much more than what you guys pay but I just got back from pre-running the baja 1000 in two days (solo) and let me tell you that you need a real good light to do a serious ride like this. I started the ride in san diego and ended in san diego. round trip was almost 900 miles of nasty baja terrain in 2 very long days!!! I'm glad to pay top dollar for the performance!!! I guess it depends where and how you ride. :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.