Big difference with IMS pegs on the pig

12 replies to this topic
  • Carlisle1972

Posted November 11, 2003 - 09:58 PM

Just bought IMS pegs and replaced the stock ones. What a difference they are twice as wide and my feet dont hurt or cramp up on long rides any more! Great mod for the pig. :)

• qadsan

Posted November 12, 2003 - 08:35 AM

I also thought they made a good difference for me too. I'd buy them again :)

• stonewall

Posted November 12, 2003 - 08:45 AM

Wide pegs are one of best mods I have made to my BRP. They are much stronger, safer and COMFORTABLE. :)

• Old_Man_Time

Posted November 12, 2003 - 09:19 AM

I like the IMS too. You can tell the difference if you do much standing.

• Rokatt88

Posted November 12, 2003 - 10:11 AM

Stonewall Buddy! Keep those avators coming! Dang! I like the view in Virginia! :) :D

• JR650

Posted November 12, 2003 - 03:45 PM

one problem, that little blue thing is in the way..... :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PismoRat

Posted November 12, 2003 - 04:17 PM

How much does a set of those cost? I work at a weld and fabrication shop and was thinking of just modifying my stock ones to make them wider. Would that just be a waste of time?? :)

• BWB63

Posted November 12, 2003 - 07:35 PM

They did coost some $$$ but they are worth it. They are cast so. they won't bend like seal one or the stock ones (that's why I had to get some). The're real sharp so, you grip great. Down side is they tare up the bottom of my cheap O'Neals! They don't bother Alpen Stars. :)

• Shock_Doc

Posted November 12, 2003 - 10:04 PM

The very first thing I did to BRP. IMS pegs are by far worth the $$$$$

• Archer

Posted November 12, 2003 - 11:43 PM

I got some pegs FREE, they're about 1/2" wider than the stock ones. Have not ridden them yet. How much larger than stock are the IMS? Cost? What other foot mods are cool/practical, like shifter or brake?

• redrider650r

Posted November 13, 2003 - 03:27 PM

IMS pegs are awesome, only downer, they hurt like hell when I hit my knees on them, very sharp!!! I have done this a few times while working on the beast.

• Carlisle1972

Posted November 15, 2003 - 10:25 AM

The great thing about them other than being larger is that the majority of the platform is back farther and closer to the rear axel, Trials bikes do this to aid in balance and handleing it puts more of your wieght back to help with a lighter front end feel. Just an observation. My buddy who rides a wr has some fastway which are more forward and I thought that was kind of a design flaw. IMS are great :)

• Mainjet2001

Posted November 15, 2003 - 02:17 PM

I only have one. :D :)

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.