Just saying

2 replies to this topic
  • marv02

Posted October 20, 2012 - 12:24 PM

Just saying I wish they made a kit to put a 6 speed gear box in my 426.

For woods or a MX track the bike is great but out here in the desert I wish I had anouther gear to shift up into.

My Old RFS KTM 560 had the 6 speed or Warp speed gear that was the only bike I ever ownned you back out of it the topend was some time got hairy at 120+ MPH on the dirt.

I like the Yamaha much better as in feel of the bike than the KTM and feel more at home on the Yamaha than the KTM.

I tryed to try diffrent sprocket set up to get more topend you loose to much off the bottem end and the bike dont have the grunt I would want comming out the hole.

Edited by marv02, October 20, 2012 - 05:22 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dvs_in10t

Posted October 20, 2012 - 12:50 PM

I think I've seen a post or two about swapping wr gears in for a wider ratio and better top end.

• Ryan426

Posted October 20, 2012 - 04:36 PM

I live in the desert also and man I wish for that "extra" gear. My riding prtner rides an xr400 and I'm winding out to stay up with him on the jeep roads. Now single track, its perfect.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.