NEW air filter wr 450 (2012)

6 replies to this topic
  • Menzies450

Posted October 19, 2012 - 03:17 PM

Hello all i am driving a 2012 Wr 450 i was in the market for a new air filter i was just going to buy a uni one but i found this on online
K&N X-Stream Air Filter

seems to have a load of great reviews and the decription states its ideal for very dusty roads. alot of my friends told me not to go with it because the k&n are to porrious for dirtbikes. anyone have any issues with this model

• n16ht5

Posted October 19, 2012 - 06:00 PM

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the stock airfilter, it will protect your motor far better than any aftermarket filter.

and K&N is pure TRASH

• MANIAC998

Posted October 19, 2012 - 06:01 PM

Stay away from K&N. Unless you like rebuilding engines for fun.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kawi380

Posted October 19, 2012 - 06:03 PM

I agree with all the above. Use a uni or twin air, and of course the stocker is also excellent :thumbsup:

• mc1hd

Posted October 20, 2012 - 02:02 AM

Stock filters seem to be of good quality and see no reason to change. Tryed a Twinn Air (dealer matched part number for 20012) and it did not fit the holder near as well as stock. Good filter oil and a little grease (Maxima, Belray) will keep you good.

• Menzies450

Posted October 20, 2012 - 02:34 PM

Thanks very much for the help

• cwallershasta

Posted October 22, 2012 - 10:12 AM

+ 1 for Twin Air, much easier to change out and clean. K&N is terrible.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.