Crazy deal just found on LA craigslist $7490 for '13 yz450f

15 replies to this topic
  • yamahadudeman

Posted October 19, 2012 - 02:45 PM

Hey whats up hope this is usefull for the forum just found an ad browsing through craigslist I guess its like $1000 below the normal cost.

Heres the ad. Do you think its real?

http://losangeles.cr...3345818659.html

• happy seal

Posted October 19, 2012 - 02:55 PM

It's a bait and switch ad.

You = "Hi, I'm calling about the bike in the ad"
them = " Oh, come on in and take a look at it"
you = "ok"

You = "i'm here"
them = " Oh, we sold THAT bike, but we have this one and it's exactly the same but the discount price is no longer available, sign here"
you = "&%$#@!"

• yamahadudeman

Posted October 19, 2012 - 03:04 PM

It's a bait and switch ad.

You = "Hi, I'm calling about the bike in the ad"
them = " Oh, come on in and take a look at it"
you = "ok"

You = "i'm here"
them = " Oh, we sold THAT bike, but we have this one and it's exactly the same but the discount price is no longer available, sign here"
you = "&%$#@!"

Oh really, well Im pretty close Ill check it out, and keep the thread updated. They say its there in stock. They have decent reviews. I see it as a good deal. Damn dealers got me all excited. Ill check back in for legitamacy thanks for the advice!

• happy seal

Posted October 19, 2012 - 03:05 PM

Oh really, well Im pretty close Ill check it out, and keep the thread updated. They say its there in stock. They have decent reviews. I see it as a good deal. Damn dealers got me all excited. Ill check back in for legitamacy thanks for the advice!

Let us know, Hopefully it works out for you!

• yamahadudeman

Posted October 19, 2012 - 03:16 PM

Alright chill Ill be back here at 5 to share the update

• AdamW21

Posted October 19, 2012 - 03:18 PM

wow !!!!!!! you cali guys get happy at a 7500 13 yz450f ?????? look at what my dealership has, and this is with no discount.
http://www.abernathy...amaha&vtype=150

• CR250_182

Posted October 19, 2012 - 03:25 PM

wow !!!!!!! you cali guys get happy at a 7500 13 yz450f ?????? look at what my dealership has, and this is with no discount.
http://www.abernathy...amaha&vtype=150

same here, then you can talk them down some more

• happy seal

Posted October 19, 2012 - 03:29 PM

Alright chill Ill be back here at 5 to share the update

Dude, It's 7:30! :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • schrode

Posted October 19, 2012 - 03:37 PM

that's better than MSRP but not really something to get excited about imho.

• AdamW21

Posted October 19, 2012 - 03:46 PM

same here, then you can talk them down some more

exactly, i bet 7k would buy that bike, cali has the weather and alot of tracks but i still have 6 tracks with in a hour of me and i get bikes for cheap

• yamahadudeman

Posted October 19, 2012 - 03:59 PM

I got a price quote from the dealer yea its $7490.00 plus tax and license the total came to $8390.00 Still I see ads all over cycle trader for $8490.00 and thats plus all the fee's.

I think i'm going to sleep on it and go down there and go back in tomorrow if you guys have any input let me know.

Thanks.

• 79yamdt

Posted October 19, 2012 - 04:19 PM

I've never bought a new dirtbike but if there anything like cars or used dirtbikes. The listed/MSRP price is just a starting point. That's kinda what that add seems to be. Then you take money off of that yet. IDK how negotiable or dealerships as far as new bikes go?

• CR250_182

Posted October 19, 2012 - 04:21 PM

I got a price quote from the dealer yea its $7490.00 plus tax and license the total came to $8390.00 Still I see ads all over cycle trader for $8490.00 and thats plus all the fee's.

I think i'm going to sleep on it and go down there and go back in tomorrow if you guys have any input let me know.

Thanks.

I wouldn't buy it if it's just on impulse, hey good deal! gotta go buy before it's gone!

sometimes you can get them to waive the fee's I've heard. Do you really need a new bike or could you get by on a 2 year older bike for $3k less?

Just some stuff to think about

• OLHILLBILLY

Posted October 19, 2012 - 04:23 PM

$7490.00 plus tax and license

How much of that extra $900 they're sticking you for is the license plate? Gotta love stealerships. :smirk:

• yamahadudeman

Posted October 19, 2012 - 04:40 PM

Yeah like I said Im going to think about it. Its a super cool shop. Im kind of looking at the new rm'z s too.

• BBrown626

Posted October 19, 2012 - 06:58 PM

check LA cycles web site. http://www.lacyclesports.com/
They usually have good prices.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.