Skid Plates, Which one to get?

I'd go with the heavy plastic ones, myself. Less noisy, they slide better, they deflect instead of crack.

Yeah,

I never did agree with this until recently. I bought a heavy plastic one for My Beta and it is the best. Flexes and glides over trees. It's quite and won't rust or dent.. I love it!

For KTMs there's a quick release plastic one in their Hardparts catalog. Is there something like that for other bikes? Compared the aluminum one I had on a Yamaha this has no effect on frame flex or noise and comes on and off easily for cleaning and oil changes.

The TM sounds like a great product, everything else they make is top notch.

But it's just a glide plate and doesn't extend outside of the frame rails to protect the waterpump, clutch and ignition covers, ect. i like a little protection on the sides for trail riding. My KTM plastic plate shows lots of scars there.

we've had good luck with the moose skid plate. my son treats them like an anvil on the rocks and trees, haven't broke one yet or a side cover exept sticking the shifter through the mag cover, wasn't the skid plate fault. I do drill some drain/air holes in them and they still hold up.