Is it worth buying?

5 replies to this topic
  • snaggs

Posted October 16, 2012 - 06:25 AM

I found a wr426 on craigslist for $1000. The ad. said he let his friend use the bike and the motor locked up. The friend said he was going down the highway and ran out of gas and when they tried to kick it back over it was seized up. I know that there is no way in knowing what is wrong with the bike until it is opened up. I also know that a motor does not just lockup from running out of gas ha. I think i read somewhere that there is a carb problem or something like that has been known to cause this problem. I guess i am just wondering if it is worth the risk. thanks

• MANIAC998

Posted October 16, 2012 - 08:56 AM

Probably not! Things get expensive quickly inside 4stroke motors.

• n16ht5

Posted October 16, 2012 - 12:01 PM

dont do it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • snaggs

Posted October 16, 2012 - 12:32 PM

What if I was able to get it for around $500 dollars? If it is a bust would i be able to make some money parting it out? thanks for the responses

• mtahoe

Posted October 16, 2012 - 03:53 PM

Maybe , but is it worth headache, probabaly not good if it locked up..JMO

• Dee Perry

Posted October 16, 2012 - 03:53 PM

I had my 426 rebuilt about a year ago, cost $2700. Could'nt sale it for that, but what can I say. It's my baby an I love it. LOL. Not sure how you would do parting her out.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.