Supercross

Stewart out of MEC and Reed to race in Aus

74 replies to this topic
  • RyanMX

Posted October 15, 2012 - 07:17 PM

From Reed: @CRtwotwo: A deal is a deal! U guys got 10k Likes so its official
I'm comin home to race the last 3 rounds of Aus SX
#allpacked http://t.co/byxVCamw

From Stewart: @js7: Doesn't look like I'll be at MC. Not going to rush it. Have a goal & a plan & we're sticking to it. A goal without a plan is just a wish!

• woods-rider

Posted October 15, 2012 - 07:30 PM

I don't think Stewart dropping out of the MEC surprised anyone.

• KTMRider4Life

Posted October 15, 2012 - 07:42 PM

I don't reed twitter but I'm not surprised on either account. I'm glad to see reed is doing something, not surprised to see James is not racing. Flame suit on.

• MRD RACING

Posted October 15, 2012 - 07:55 PM

that just lowered the wow factor of the MEC :thumbsdn:

• mictheaussie

Posted October 15, 2012 - 08:39 PM

Reed is still in for the MEC. He hasn't said otherwise. I'm pretty sure the aus sx is the next week or 2 weeks after MEC.

• BBA

Posted October 16, 2012 - 02:02 AM

Oh Tdoshi, I thought you said James was in because your 'source' said so?? Dude, you need to get a new source lmao!

• wes513v

Posted October 16, 2012 - 04:18 AM

Oh Tdoshi, I thought you said James was in because your 'source' said so?? Dude, you need to get a new source lmao!

James is calling TD's bluff to see if he'd really stop caressing and start to squeeze. :lol:

• Toylee_roosta

Posted October 16, 2012 - 05:11 AM

spending a few laps on your head isn't exactly racing anyway

• rsp1761

Posted October 16, 2012 - 05:50 AM

According to ESPN Stewart, Reed and Barcia are out of MEC...

• TDW

Posted October 16, 2012 - 05:58 AM

and since its RV's first race back, sounds like Dungey has another BIG payday coming up

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woods-rider

Posted October 16, 2012 - 06:04 AM

That sucks. I was really looking forward to it, but now it looks like it will be just like the outdoor season...

• mictheaussie

Posted October 16, 2012 - 06:09 AM

Reed is still in. He and mrs22 said it on twitter last night. They fly to Aus after the MEC.

Edited by mictheaussie, October 16, 2012 - 06:10 AM.

• MRD RACING

Posted October 16, 2012 - 06:15 AM

I think I know his source ........... the problem is he and Tdoshi forget that JS likes to change his mind at crunch time .................... it's almost like he want's to do the MEC , but then is scared to loose so he backs out :excuseme: JS said in a interview that if he thinks he can't win he doesnt want to race

Edited by DH367, October 16, 2012 - 06:17 AM.

• jcm3

Posted October 16, 2012 - 07:30 AM

I'm glad Reed is still in, should make it that much better. He's a smart racer, and I don't think he's going to push it too hard, and risk not being ready for Anaheim. RV will probably be in the same boat, although both will probably be ready by the opener. I think both will ride well, and will approach it like Dungey did last year, feeling it out.

Stewart has the capability to win any time he suits up, and it's too bad he won't be there. There isn't enough time between now and Anaheim I, and with his history of going down, I don't think either he nor the team wants him injured before then.

Too bad, that would have made it that much more interesting.

I'm a Dungey fan, but don't think he'll win the million. Last year Townley beat him in one, and it took him all 10 laps to get around Metcalf for second in another. He may win the overall though, we'll see. All of the fast 250 guys will likely be riding 450's and will mix it up also.

It should be a good race.

• kawi380

Posted October 16, 2012 - 07:33 AM

Why no Barcia :confused:

• regul8or

Posted October 16, 2012 - 09:42 AM

RV has em running for the hills...........If they show up and get smoked they will just give RV momentum and confidence he doesnt even need going into SX....Looks like a game of chess to me..which sux cuz I wanted to watch racing.

• Kgmx856

Posted October 16, 2012 - 09:49 AM

Yeah. What other idiot can we expect to crash and/or take out other riders?

• wes513v

Posted October 16, 2012 - 09:55 AM

Yeah. What other idiot can we expect to crash and/or take out other riders?

Friese

• Fade

Posted October 16, 2012 - 10:01 AM

Friese

THIS!

Maybe Tomac? Idk if he's racing, but he took out wilson last year....then again, wilson kinda took him out as well...is wilson or tomac racing?

• motonack

Posted October 16, 2012 - 10:05 AM

He wouldn't last the 3 moto's anyways. We all know it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.