08 exhaust on 07 y450f questions..

3 replies to this topic
  • Hcenteno21

Posted October 15, 2012 - 06:19 PM

Hello guys, I know a lot of people don't like the 08 exhaust system, and say it sucks and so on. I can't afford an after market exhaust, but I am getting a really good deal from a friend on the whole 08 system. From what I have read it bolts right in, my question is will I need to rejet? I am coming from 2stroke and really know nothing about 4 strokes, I have just been reading a bit, and was wondering if there is something else I need to know. I am not worried about losing power, as this is too much for me anyhow. I don't race, just cruise, mainly following my son. Thank you for your help.

• FinchFan194

Posted October 16, 2012 - 10:13 AM

If your jetting is on right now it will be fine after you install the exhaust as well.

Edited by FinchFan394, October 16, 2012 - 10:13 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZPaGuy

Posted October 16, 2012 - 04:35 PM

Look into a Lexx exhaust at rockymountainatv.com. I have one on my 08 and it is great. Comes with three differnt tips. Mid pipe and silencer for $178. Would recomend it to anyone!

• Hcenteno21

Posted October 16, 2012 - 08:00 PM

If your jetting is on right now it will be fine after you install the exhaust as well.

Thanx finch! My yz450f is def tuned right now.

Look into a Lexx exhaust at rockymountainatv.com. I have one on my 08 and it is great. Comes with three differnt tips. Mid pipe and silencer for $178. Would recomend it to anyone!

I will look into this one as an upgrade in the near future. How's the size on it? Does it stick out a lot? Thanks.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.