oil drip out of breather

4 replies to this topic
  • Zwebb1210

Posted October 15, 2012 - 08:26 AM

Is a small oil drip out of the breather hose normal? the spot it left on the concrete is about the size of a CD.

• rknaub

Posted October 15, 2012 - 02:01 PM

I always get some out of my YZ426 after riding. I ended up making a catch tank out of some PVC so I could try and keep my garage floor clean.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Zwebb1210

Posted October 15, 2012 - 02:22 PM

Thats a good idea will help me keep track of how much im losing too

• rknaub

Posted October 15, 2012 - 02:43 PM

I first used a 1 1/2" pipe, it was a little too big, the 1" PVC fits nicely. A couple 1" caps, two barb fittings from the sprinkler aisle, some hose clamps, and a small filter I found at Autozone. I had a small radiator drain on the first (1 1/2") one I made, but decided to not do it on the second one, I'll just take it off and empty it when I change oil. For about $20, seems to work real good. The clamps on the breather hose help to keep it from kinking on the corners. I rerouted the hose to an area I though would fit the tank better.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Zwebb1210

Posted October 15, 2012 - 04:26 PM

Will be making one of these this weekend really like the idea of a filter on the breather

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.