99 yz400f lighting parts help

4 replies to this topic
  • JPTricks

Posted October 14, 2012 - 05:50 PM

I have a 99 yz 400f and need some clarification on parts needed for a lighting coil set up. I want to use a battery as well.

As I understand it I will need: wr 426 stator and flywheel, I have 2001 wr426 donor parts for these.
Will I need the stator cover as well? I know I need a rectifier for dc voltage.

anything else? Thank you

• JPTricks

Posted October 14, 2012 - 06:53 PM

I checked the cover part numbers on the 01 wr and the 99 yz and it turns out they are the same.
I've searched here but can't find any good links for the wr stator mod that lets it work with the yz cdi.
Anyone got the info on this?

Edited by JPTricks, October 14, 2012 - 06:55 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rknaub

Posted October 15, 2012 - 02:06 PM

I put a wr426 ('01) stator in my 00' yz426, also have to do the flywheel. There's a post here in the stickies about the pink wire mod, which you have to do to get spark. Also, while you have the cover off, you can cut the ground wire from the stator, use the pink wire (which you cut halfway up the harness) to run back to your reg/rec. My old stator had two yellow wires, the wr has only one. The ground wire you cut and splice to the pink wire, then becomes your second yellow wire to feed your reg/rec. There is a very helpful post on supermotojunkie.com that goes over this. http://www.supermoto...light=wr+stator

As far as this stuff working on a 400, not positive, if the part numbers are the same, you're probably in luck. Grayracer would know best.

Edited by rknaub, October 15, 2012 - 02:16 PM.

• RickyStator

Posted October 15, 2012 - 02:37 PM

the 426 parts will work on the 400. if you need a r/r we carry one, TT special $35.

• JPTricks

Posted October 15, 2012 - 08:26 PM

Thanks Rk.
Ricky Stator I will be getting the reg from you.Wish you had the stator for this bike. The xr650 one I got from you was the best.Preran the baja 500 with that bike with big lights,gps and my phone being charged.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.