YZ450 Gearing on a SuperMoto!! Help Needed

1 reply to this topic
  • Speedway

Posted November 11, 2003 - 08:04 AM

Hey Folks,

I converted my YZ450 to a full out supermoto but need suggestions in the gearing department. With the 17inch wheels i currently have a 15/40 sprocket set up but can only "cruise" at about 55mph (I want to comfortably cruise at 70mph if popssible). Can anyone tell me where the power dies off in gearing??? Can a 16T go on the primary???? Is there a 5 speed conversion???? The Rims are Behr rims from a new KTM LC640 so gearing is available for the back i believe.
Check it out at :
http://www.gtamotorc...iew.php?id=1110

Please (!!!) Email me at ducman57@hotmail.com with any suggestions

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • faggio40

Posted November 11, 2003 - 02:58 PM

To report the final ratio at the 15/40 ratio, you can use a 16T drive sprocket, but i think that isn't enough to have a 70 mph speed "cruise". For this i think that is necessary change the driven sprocket, for example with a 37T. But, make attention: before to start with the modification of the drive sprocket, be sure that it don't touch the case (a 16T have a bigger diameter than a 15T)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.