426 oil filter

2 replies to this topic
  • rob1guns

Posted November 11, 2003 - 04:57 AM

there are 3 bolts that hold the oil filter on my 426 . the lower bolt is made with half threds and half with no threds .well this is the problem the hole has lost all the threds ...... has any one had this problem ??? if so how did you fix it ?? thanks rob

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kev426

Posted November 11, 2003 - 08:48 AM

There was a lot of posts on that a while ago. Do a search.
If I remember the lower bolt hole has a small passage from the oil screen to drain the oil. The problem with that is all the small pieces of metal build up in the threads and will tear them up. I don't know how to fix it but you can prevent it. Blow compressed air up the hole after you get the filter out. I have also heard of people tapping the hole that drains into the bolt hole and sealing it off with a small bolt/screw. Do a search you should find a simple fix. Good luck

Kevin

• rob1guns

Posted November 12, 2003 - 07:16 AM

FIXED :) :D :D :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.