Tire size input

3 replies to this topic
  • Mark537

Posted October 11, 2012 - 07:05 AM

So I did some research and decided to give the Bridgestone M404 tires a try. I have been running 120/90 tires and when I placed my order from my phone I was in a hurry and accidentally ordered 100/90. I did not realize my mistake until they got to my house yesterday. My biggest problem is that I have a race this weekend and the weekend after so I need some fresh tires. So i was wondering if I should just go to a local place and buy the larger size or if the narrower tire will not make that big of a difference. I will say that I have ran 110/90 and I liked them but I have never had a 100/90. I tried searching but only found information on the differences of the 120 compared to 110s. Any help advice would help before I install these tires as we all know they are not cheap and I dont want to put them on and realize that they are to small and suck.

• usdualsports

Posted October 11, 2012 - 08:04 AM

If it was me I would not go spend another $100 on a tire that is 10mm bigger. Run it for that race, and if you see a difference then change it. If you wait until black friday you can get tires from bike bandit and rocky mountain for about $52 and that is an S-12.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FinchFan194

Posted October 11, 2012 - 06:50 PM

I'm a 110/90 guy all the way.

• MXKyle

Posted October 12, 2012 - 08:46 AM

I run the 100/90 on my 125. That should give you an idea of what that size is actually for. I usually run a 110/90 on my 450. I tried a 110/80 once by accident and thought that was too small.

You need to bite the bullet and buy a bigger tire.

KT

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.