Swapping cases on '03 to '06?

3 replies to this topic
  • born2hotrod

Posted October 10, 2012 - 06:20 AM

Before I start, I tried searching the forum already and couldn't find anything real pertinent to what I'm asking here.

So, on my 2003, the back side of the kickstart gear housing on the right case blew out. Like big frickin hole in the crank-case, oil spewing everywhere, I can see things I'm not supposed to see .... HOLE!!! Now its been a few months of saving, and a need to get it ready for LA-B2V. Yesterday I purchased a matching case set from a 2006 on ebay.

My question is... Is changing out the 03 cases for the 06 cases a "Clean Swap"??? The only difference I found was the Electric Start gears and cover. And even with the E start changes, I was thinking it needs to happen anyways so I can have the improved starter gears. That would mean a new E start cover right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I overlooked something already posted here just point me in the right direction.

• corndog

Posted October 10, 2012 - 08:41 PM

Fich.e on Motosport shows the same P/N for both the 2003 and 2006 WR450F Crankcase Assembly ([color=#000000]5TJ-15100-10-YX[/color]).

Edited by corndog, October 10, 2012 - 08:42 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zibbit u2

Posted October 10, 2012 - 10:17 PM

straight swap, have fun.

• born2hotrod

Posted October 11, 2012 - 07:48 AM

Thanks for the replies. That"s the same info I found. Just wanted a confirmation from more knowledgeable people than I

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.