spring rates for 250 lbs rider

4 replies to this topic
  • seatec

Posted October 09, 2012 - 09:18 AM

Can anybody give me an idea of what fork and shock spring rates i would need for a 250lsb rider on a 2012 YZ450. MX !

THanks

• SAthump

Posted October 10, 2012 - 06:24 AM

Here's a start

http://racetech.com/ChooseVehicle.aspx
or
http://www.mx-tech.com/

they will both be close, your preferences will dictate as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dfinn

Posted October 10, 2012 - 09:20 AM

Anyone know what the target weight is for the stock springs? That race tech site says 195 lbs. I weight around 215 and I couldn't get my sag at all close with the stock rear spring.

• grayracer513

Posted October 10, 2012 - 09:26 AM

Anyone know what the target weight is for the stock springs?

Depends on what you use it for. Stock springs should be good for from 175-190 for aggressive MX, or up to 200 or so for off-road. What are your sag numbers?

• dfinn

Posted October 10, 2012 - 09:55 AM

Depends on what you use it for. Stock springs should be good for from 175-190 for aggressive MX, or up to 200 or so for off-road. What are your sag numbers?

I have them at home and unfortunately I'm at work but I spent some time trying to get it dialed and could not get both the static sag and sag with me sitting on it in the range recommended by MXA. I was trying to get the sag with me on it at 100mm and I think the closest to that I was able to get was around 70mm and that threw the static sag way off. I'm actually about to go pick up the bike in just a few minutes from my local Pro Action rep who put new springs on it for my weight.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.