places to ride in northern CALI

3 replies to this topic
  • Irish1

Posted October 14, 2001 - 04:37 PM

I'm moving to norhtern California in December and I was wondering some good places to ride. I'm in the Air Force and getting stationed At Beale AFB near Marysville. I have ridden the track there and in Sacramento but don't know of any places to just go out and trial ride. If anyof you want to show me around or give directions it would be GREAT !!

Brian

------------------
2001 YZ426
95' Warrior

• yzernie

Posted October 15, 2001 - 03:50 AM

Irish,

The Hangtown track and Praire(sp?) City off road park are not far from there. About 15-20 east of Sacto off of I-80. Lots of off-road stuff there and up in the hills by Placerville too.

Ernie

------------------
--Life is too short, work hard...play hard--
Sponsored by Yamaha of Cucamonga, Larry Roeseler's Stroker Fourstroke Speed Equipment and Answer Racing, yzernie@dirtracers.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PK

Posted October 15, 2001 - 07:47 PM

I live 20 minutes from Beale AFB so I'll give you the quick low down on the local riding. The closest track is Riverfront Park in Marysville http://marysvillemx.com/ it's a good track even though Charlie goes a little crazy with the H2O from time to time. Mammoth Bar ORV park is in Auburn, about 40 minutes away, they have a track and about 1200 acres of riding trails. Then there is Hangtown/Prairie City ORV park about 1 hour 15 minutes away. Argylle Park is about the same distance away in Dixon but is a crappy track. If you like trails, try Foresthill OHV park about 2 hours away, all they have are trails but there are alot of them and they are a blast when it isn't dusty. Stonyford is, in my opinion, the best trail riding around here and is about 1 1/2 hours west. Alot of riding areas around here, there are more closer to the Bay area but my fingers are getting tired. You have to get a red/green sticker for your bike when you get here before you can ride on the public ORV places. Try to get a green sticker if they offer you a choice. December is an awesome time to come here to ride, it's not dusty and 100* outside.

Pat

• Unkle_Moose

Posted October 17, 2001 - 07:07 PM

Irish1 Another good place is Georgetown between Auburn and Placerville, also Downieville but watch out for the MT Bikers.
To get more info go to www.ama-d36.org and go to riding areas, also www.offroad.com and go to riding areas. You might also want to post on the WR side as their are few guys who know the areas and trails real good. Hope to see you out their sometime.
Ride Often & Ride Safe

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.