2001 Pipes

13 replies to this topic
  • Irish1

Posted October 14, 2001 - 03:32 PM

I jsut got a new 426 and I want to get a new pipe for it and i don't know wether to get the White Brothers or the FMF.... What ever kind of input ya got would be GREAT.. or any other pipe ideas you could help me with..

------------------
2001 YZ426
95' Warrior

• yzernie

Posted October 14, 2001 - 03:56 PM

http://www.strokerspeed.com/

They make both rev and torque systems that are ceramic coated and don't turn colors. I have the rev system which has the same low, more mid and more top. They now come with spark arrester insert rear caps.

Ernie

------------------
--Life is too short, work hard...play hard--
Sponsored by Yamaha of Cucamonga, Larry Roeseler's Stroker Fourstroke Speed Equipment and Answer Racing, yzernie@dirtracers.com

• Irish1

Posted October 14, 2001 - 04:12 PM

Thanks Ernie
The site is down now but i'll try later.
is that the headpipe also?? did you have to fool with the stock jettting at all?

• yzernie

Posted October 15, 2001 - 03:23 AM

Irish,

Your jetting will depend on where you live and/or ride. I messed with mine just because I'm anal and wanted to see if it would make a difference. I ended up one leaner on the clip and two richer on the main (I live at 4000').

Ernie

------------------
--Life is too short, work hard...play hard--
Sponsored by Yamaha of Cucamonga, Larry Roeseler's Stroker Fourstroke Speed Equipment and Answer Racing, yzernie@dirtracers.com

• SoundChaser

Posted October 15, 2001 - 04:54 AM

I highly recommend the Dubach pipe. This pipe rips! www.dubahcracing.com Posted Image

• DPW

Posted October 15, 2001 - 05:48 AM

Irish1,

What are you going to do with your stock exhaust ? If you're going to sell it let me know.

• Irish1

Posted October 15, 2001 - 11:50 AM

Do you know of any dealers that sell Dubach or Stroker exhaust. I am stuck in Guam until December and i want to order this new pipe ASAP. I can't seem to get in to the Stroker site??? I looked at the Dubach site but can't find any pricing or order info.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SoundChaser

Posted October 15, 2001 - 12:04 PM

Irish1-
I contacted Dubach Racing directly and dealt with Gina who was terrific. Tell her your a ThumperTalk member.

Dubachracing@aol.com Posted Image

• Boit

Posted October 15, 2001 - 12:10 PM

When I opted for a White Brothers system, Dubach was not in the business yet. I'm sure I would have bought his system if it was available at the time. I have the Ti Hi-Boy headpipe mated to the "E" series "S" bend and carbon fiber silencer(no discs). This system really barks on the low-end and into the middle-upper-middle. The engine doesn't rev like the stock system but that's OK with me since I don't like to hit the rev limiter. The exhaust note is a bit louder but it also has a deeper booming sound. I'm using VP MR2 fuel and have the jetting corrected for this system and fuel. The throttle response and power delivery right off idle is phenomenal. For my tastes, sacrificing high-end rev for a powerful and responsive low-end and middle is well worth it.

• Irish1

Posted October 15, 2001 - 12:32 PM

I just got off the phone with Doug and I am gonna go with them. Now that's what I call customer service. You call the company and the owner answers the phone.

• Irish1

Posted October 15, 2001 - 01:05 PM

I just ordered the new Dr D. I can't wait to try it!!!!!!!!!

• RetroThumper

Posted October 17, 2001 - 09:46 PM

Will the Dr. D Pipe work on the '99 YZF400 or is there more than one model available?

• IBWFO

Posted October 17, 2001 - 11:09 AM

I would recomend the Yoshimura Titanium pipe.
Ferry uses it on his bike he has in his garage and his mechanic told me at Millville it was the best pipe money could buy.
Regards

• Gina@DRD

Posted October 17, 2001 - 06:28 PM

Originally posted by RetroThumper:
Will the Dr. D Pipe work on the '99 YZF400 or is there more than one model available?

Yes it will work on your '99YZF400 and there is only one model made. You will feel a significant increase all over when you change from the stock 400 exhaust system to our system. Our system compared to the 426 stock system the increase is significantly felt from bottom to mid and a slight increase over top.
I hope this helps, If you have any other question please feel free to email me at dubachracing@aol.com or call me at 714-665-8842.
(I hope you do not feel I have intruded on your space by answering this question, I just felt I was the best person to give you the answer Posted Image )
Take care,
Gina Dubach

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.