*** Utah riders, Cherry Creek, Sat Nov 15th ***

12 replies to this topic
  • mrmoto

Posted November 10, 2003 - 09:41 AM

*** Utah riders, Cherry Creek, Sat Nov 15th ***

We're going to try this again. The weather says 51 degrees with a 20% chance of rain on Saturday. For those who haven't ridden with us before, we'll be riding the trail system through the foothills... for those who want to, after we're done, we'll sneek in the back way and play at the dunes for an hour or two. Nobody will have a paddle tire --- we'll compensate by keeping the speed over 60mph :)

Let's meet 10:00am at the usual spot which is...
1. Go through Jericho Junction (if you need directions to Jericho, post a message)
2. Go keep going straight right past the turn into Little Sahara.
3. Keep going another 5-10 minutes all the way through the cattle guard.
4. When you reach the fork in the road, take the left fork.
5. Go another 250 yards and we'll park in the open area on the left side of the road.

Everybody and anybody is invited.

Post a message if you're coming. See ya then.

• mrmoto

Posted November 11, 2003 - 02:45 PM

So far, 3 committed and 1 possible :) It's gonna be a great ride.

• pedman

Posted November 11, 2003 - 02:48 PM

Sorry Eric,

My body is still trying to come back from the warm sun of Moab:)

• mrmoto

Posted November 11, 2003 - 02:59 PM

Hope your moab ride went better than my move. Piled up boxes everywhere. Between work, family, and bad weather, time for riding is tight. Glad I got in so many rides this summer. We'll do this ride again in a few weeks. I'm going to keep riding until the snow and cold weather sticks.

• live_to_ride

Posted November 12, 2003 - 01:31 AM

:D :D :D :D :D :)

• mrmoto

Posted November 13, 2003 - 07:22 AM

Role call -- who's coming??

So far myself, Steve, Steve's friend, and possibly Chris. Anybody else??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • live_to_ride

Posted November 13, 2003 - 01:23 PM

and possibly Chris.

Possibly?????????? Who you kiddin? :) I'll be there!

• mrmoto

Posted November 14, 2003 - 07:27 AM

The weather should be beautiful -- yahoo says --

A few showers early with ample sunshine later in the day. High 48F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

A little rain followed by sunshine - makes some mud in the hills and packs the dunes into cement - perfect desert riding... hehehe :) Can hardly wait.

Everybody is welcome. So far it looks like 4-6 riders. I'll watch for new posts until around 4:00pm today...

- Eric

• merlecat

Posted November 14, 2003 - 09:02 AM

What level of riding are we talking about? I'm always looking for more riding buds and was planning a ride this Saturday myself. I've been riding for over 17 years. I don't get out nearly as often as I would like but when I do, it's always the cherry creek foothills (that way its a guaranteed good ride) and I always maintain a pretty good pace -- well, at least I think I do :)

I guess I'll just have to come and hang out to find out. You can't miss me, I'm 6'4" 240lbs riding a YZ426 (I make the bike look like a YZ80 :D - Renthal bars, RaceTech Suspension, Stock graphics.

• mrmoto

Posted November 14, 2003 - 09:31 AM

Most of us have been riding 4-5 years. I've been doing desert races at the novice level and come in mid-pack. So many really fast riders out there.

Are you familiar enough with the area to follow my directions? If not, give me a call at work at 226-5166 x216 or home in the evening at 756-0899.

I'll be driving a white dodge with a KTM in the back. See ya tomorrow.

- Eric

• merlecat

Posted November 14, 2003 - 09:52 AM

Sweet! Sounds like my kinda riding. I too have raced desert (novice open over 30 class). My last race was Dubinky 2001. I have a couple of other buds that race open expert in desert that are a lot of fun to ride with when you want to get pushed. :)

I know the area well and will be able to find ya. I have a couple of 30+ mile loops I like to do, but am always open to learning new territory and trail connections.

See ya down there.

BTW, Glad to see another 6'4" rider on the list! Too tall to ride and too fast to quit!

• live_to_ride

Posted November 14, 2003 - 12:43 PM

Welcome to the party! We'll see ya out there. I won't be quite up to speed because of a severe lack of sleep (and the fact that I suck), but I'll try to keep up. :)

• live_to_ride

Posted November 15, 2003 - 05:45 PM

Yup! That was the funnest thing I have done since the last time I went riding. :) :D :D :D :D Thanks to all who came!!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.