Kickstarter Issues After Reassembling

1 reply to this topic
  • nnamssorxela

Posted October 04, 2012 - 06:22 AM

I had my kick starter axle/shaft out when working on my motor. When I buttoned everything up, the kick starter wouldn't spring back and return to the top, and when I manually pulled it up, it locked into the farthest position, now it doesn't seem to want to budge.

When I put it back in, I made sure the collar was down around the inner spring "end," and I made sure the outer spring "end" was stuck in the case. Does it need to be preloaded? The manual doesn't mention anything about that. I was also thinking that maybe the kick starter lever needs to be rotated on the kick start axle/shaft, but when I tried that, it didn't help.

Any pointers?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nnamssorxela

Posted October 04, 2012 - 11:49 AM

Not sure what I did, but it's fixed...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.