Instructional video for jumping?

2 replies to this topic
  • TStates

Posted October 14, 2001 - 08:41 AM

Hey guys, I was out at a local track yesterday and watched this guy fly around almost effortlesly. All of his landings were smooth aand he would double everything. I have never doubled anything before i got into dirt bikes again with my 426. Nor have I had any track experience, I mostly rode trails and roads in my past. After talking with this guy, he was very helpfull with pointing out some obvious flows in my style or lack of. for one I was riding crouched down, even in the air, so my landings were always harder that need be. He suggested I get some good videoes and watch ther style, he also suggested I do some video of me so it can be analysed later. Any suggestions on specific videos or technique I would greatly appreciate it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TStates

Posted October 14, 2001 - 08:48 AM

Sorry guys, my spelling was bad I forgot to check it before I sent it. You get the idea.

• Boit

Posted October 14, 2001 - 01:31 PM

Gary Semics has a series of videos that cover all the techniques of M/X that are pretty helpful. In the end, nobody can really explain how to jump perfectly everytime. The thing is to start out small on something like a table top and work your way up from there. Practice first on getting a good launch everytime where you neither nose-dive or have the front wheel too high. This takes throttle control and body position. Using a table top jump is the safest jump for this practice. You don't have to worry about coming up short and you don't have to try and jump all that far. As you become more confident in having control of the bike at launch, then start trying to jump further until you finally land on the down slope. Take your time and don't worry about looking like a beginner. We ALL were beginners at one time.

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.