Extended swing arms? Popular with black people?

I have noticed that black people seem to have a thing for extended swing arms on their bikes. I was just wondering if anyone knows the reason for this? They usually ride in packs, like squids, wear no gear with half helmets and a bitch on back.

Does an extended swing arm do anything positive for a bike...other than if its used for drag racing?

Do black people drag race? At the track or just outlaw?

Did one of the popular black people do a rap video showing bikes with extended swingarms that they are copying?

I know that their culture values strength and respect....so maybe this is a way of showing that they are strong?

It also seems like some bikes such as huyabusas and zx1400 are marketed to blacks....is this a coincidence?

Edited by Revelyell
  • Like 5

I wouldn't say this is a race thing. I'd say this is a stupid people thing. I've seen all races riding stretched road dildos like this and one thing I've learned from looking at them all is they all appear to be ignorant when it concerns motorcycles. All a huge swing arm and usually massively wide rear tire like that does is kill the performance of the bike. Absolutely does the handling no favors and will only add weight which will slow it down. The wider rear tire will create more rolling resistance and weigh more, slowing the rider down. Sure, it might not flip over as easily and stay planted, but these morons have no idea what throttle control is, so they need this crutch to brag to their bud's about how they were going "WFO down the freeway".

Unless if you're drag racing and genuinely need the ability to stay planted to the ground, stretching your bike is absolutely useless. Unless if you're riding a purpose built dragster you're only killing the performance of your machine and endangering yourself due to your loss of manuverability.

So, every time I see a stretched bike on the street, my thoughts are "Squid alert! Stay away from that moron!".

• Like 3

A jack shaft will rob about 35 to 40 HP from a big bike like a Busa. A 240 kit done right can aid a bike in a drag race big time. In places like Atlanta and here in FL the straight line 1/4 mile crowd is huge. There's quite a bit of money that changes hands during bike weekends around the east coast too.

It's not a "black" thing at all. Many of white squids on 600s rocking the big arm on a useless small bike. Supposedly it looks cool I guess. Regardless, it's their bike and whatever that person see's fit is ok in their world.

• Like 1

I have noticed that black people seem to have a thing for extended swing arms on their bikes. I was just wondering if anyone knows the reason for this? They usually ride in packs, like squids, wear no gear with half helmets and a bitch on back.

Does an extended swing arm do anything positive for a bike...other than if its used for drag racing?

Did one of the popular black people do a rap video showing bikes with extended swingarms that they are copying?

I know that their culture values strength and respect....so maybe this is a way of showing that they are strong?

It also seems like some bikes such as huyabusas and zx1400 are marketed to blacks....is this a coincidence?

I think it's more about Ricky Gadson right now, the guy is winning! What wins, sells. Always has. The Busa is a favorite for heavy hitters since the day it was released.

A jack shaft will rob about 35 to 40 HP from a big bike like a Busa. A 240 kit done right can aid a bike in a drag race big time. In places like Atlanta and here in FL the straight line 1/4 mile crowd is huge. There's quite a bit of money that changes hands during bike weekends around the east coast too.

It's not a "black" thing at all. Many of white squids on 600s rocking the big arm on a useless small bike. Supposedly it looks cool I guess. Regardless, it's their bike and whatever that person see's fit is ok in their world.

Only problem is drag racing on public roads is illegal, making all these guys jack asses. If it actually enchaned the performance or usefulness of the bike for street use then it would make sense.

True, but so is running the twisty's at any speed that is fun. Deals gap speed limit is 30/35 mph. Going through any of those roads in the area are usually done illegally. Same as owning a Z06 vette, useless.

I guess what got my attention was that the op is thinking its a black thing. We have some serious white trash riding around on stretched out shit boxes.

You can rarely tell what color person is if they are wearing proper gear. Just saying lol.

Down here its big ass rims on everything. Usually sticking out the side of the car and often raised. Swear to god there is an all green car with a leprachaun on it and huge wheels I see parked around town. The same people put a longer swing arm and chrome wheels on any sport bike they buy. Purely for style.

Worth nothing though, what has more performance, a 600 with an extended swing arm and fat tire, or a bone stock harley anything? Just saying, if you want to rip on people for ruining performance in favor of style... you can't just limit it to the squids on stretched sport bikes. There is an entire class of motorcycle dedicated to style over function, and they come that way from the factory. They also usually wear the bare minimum gear.

Edited by Oic0
  • Like 2

True, but so is running the twisty's at any speed that is fun. Deals gap speed limit is 30/35 mph. Going through any of those roads in the area are usually done illegally. Same as owning a Z06 vette, useless.

I guess what got my attention was that the op is thinking its a black thing. We have some serious white trash riding around on stretched out shit boxes.

Yeah, but by putting an extended swingarm on the bike that limits it to "drag racing" and limits its handling and manuverability on the street in a negative manner. By leaving it alone you don't stand out and look like a normal dude instead of some jack-ass with a bike that belongs nowhere but a strip. I mean people can do whatever they want, but damn they look stupid on their road dildos. I try to have my motorcycles not resemble male genetalia.

Edited by dirtynasty

Do you know that you sound racist!!!!!!

Do you know that you sound racist!!!!!!

I am sorry if your feelings were hurt.

Not sure what you want me to say; African American is not really proper, because I have no idea if they are American...could very well be Haitian, Jamaican, Somalian or Brazilian.

I guess I could say "urban"...but that may not be the case and not every urban person is black.

Would people of "higher than Caucasian melanin content" be better? Maybe "non reflective"?

Black is the term that the entire rest of the world uses, it works, I will use it.

It is an observation made, it is common on the eastern coast, it is different, I am not sure of its roots.

FYI....black people also like donks, I have no idea why but since this is not the general discussion section of donk talk I did not ask.

• Like 2

I wouldn't call the OP racist, but OP, you really should have thought about how you worded the title and your question. There's people of all shapes, sizes, colors and backgrounds that ride bikes with stretched swing arms. They aren't popular with only blacks. I think they are popular with idiots though and those come in all shapes, sizes, colors and backgrounds. Usually around here it isn't black people riding bikes with stretched swing arms. It's punk white boys who are putting on a tough guy act, but they're usually just alcoholics or drug abusers. Riding around in shorts and a tank top. Squids.

Edited by dirtynasty