Honda CRF250L/M Pics & Video

just picked it up today! 2016 with two miles. put thirty miles on it on the way back and felt great. I will say that i wasnt quite comfortable above 60. that could be because i havent been on a bike in bout 4 years though. does anyone drive ride above 60 for more that 20 min at a time?

lol what do you mean by "not comfortable?" I mean the seat is not the best... But I ride it at 70 for 20 minutes at least twice a week. Also I have done a trip from Mississippi to Ohio and a 1700 mile weekend to Wisconsin and back. While mostly back roads I was usually going at least 60 with a couple of hours of 70 thrown in.

Check your tire pressure, make sure it is 20-22 or so, also the break in procedure calls for not having sustained high speeds for the first 600 miles. Also it will free up a bit during the break in.

Edited by dgrigorenko

lol what do you mean by "not comfortable?" I mean the seat is not the best... But I ride it at 70 for 20 minutes at least twice a week. Also I have done a trip from Mississippi to Ohio and a 1700 mile weekend to Wisconsin and back. While mostly back roads I was usually going at least 60 with a couple of hours of 70 thrown in.

Check your tire pressure, make sure it is 20-22 or so, also the break in procedure calls for not having sustained high speeds for the first 600 miles. Also it will free up a bit during the break in.

it just felt a bit twitchy at speed. the seat is fine haha. i just need to relax a bit and it wont be as bad. i will check my pressure tho thanks! 

One of these will take the twitch right out of it ....  ?    https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1023973-scotts-performance-damper/page-1

post-327736-13943047855709.jpg

that seems like the ticket! only bummer is the bolt on kit only accepts 7/8 bars.  the price is a bit steep but for what it is and where its made i can see why. ill probably ride a bit more and try and get used to it. if i can this will be added. thanks a lot!

• Like 1

that seems like the ticket! only bummer is the bolt on kit only accepts 7/8 bars.  the price is a bit steep but for what it is and where its made i can see why. ill probably ride a bit more and try and get used to it. if i can this will be added. thanks a lot!

I used 2 inch Rox risers so I could sub mount it and have 1 1/8 bars....    ?  Everything you need to know is in that thread to do what some of us have done. I have no regrets investing the cash and absolutely love the damn thing ...  :ride:

I used 2 inch Rox risers so I could sub mount it and have 1 1/8 bars....    ?  Everything you need to know is in that thread to do what some of us have done. I have no regrets investing the cash and absolutely love the damn thing ...  :ride:

better on the highway? or just offroad? im not looking for big hit stability, just less twitch at 60. its not drastic, just enough to kinda make me nervous. (now is when everyone chimes in and says theirs doesnt twitch at 60 lol)

• Like 1

better on the highway? or just offroad? im not looking for big hit stability, just less twitch at 60. its not drastic, just enough to kinda make me nervous. (now is when everyone chimes in and says theirs doesnt twitch at 60 lol)

Yes this is a very argumentive subject but, only listen to those that use a damper.

I crank my dial up all the way and back off 4 click's for street riding and the bike feels much more stable and not twitchy at all. When I'm in the woods I back off a few more click's

Yes this is a very argumentive subject but, only listen to those that use a damper.

I crank my dial up all the way and back off 4 click's for street riding and the bike feels much more stable and not twitchy at all. When I'm in the woods I back off a few more click's

alright. thanks for the words of wisdom ill look into it more!

I twitch all the time, ,,, ,, ,,,  , ,,, ,, ,, ,, ,,   ,, ,,,, ,,  , , , ,, what's the problem?

• Like 1

We went to Ukraine few weeks ago, 5 CRFs, great time, roads there are perfect for enduro riding ?

https://wwe.com/watch?v=IER_Q4oOebU&feature=youtu.be

20160622_195746_zpswopqiznn.jpg

You know its going to be a good video when there is a crash within  the 1st 15 seconds,.  Liked the vid.  Nice stills of all the CRFs at the end.  BTW, who makes these saddle bags? I need to get a pair.

You know its going to be a good video when there is a crash within  the 1st 15 seconds,.  Liked the vid.  Nice stills of all the CRFs at the end.  BTW, who makes these saddle bags? I need to get a pair.

Thank You.

It's Wolfman Day Tripper Saddle Bags, I like them, great quality and easy installation

• Like 1