Pressure release valves in shocks

5 replies to this topic
  • jentzschman

Posted September 30, 2012 - 09:25 PM

Ever heard of this? What is if for and why would you want it/use it?

http://www.ksl.com/i...=&search=WR450F

• MANIAC998

Posted October 01, 2012 - 01:31 AM

Never heard of them. Perhaps it's just a normal revalve, and that is the terminology he used to describe it.
Maniac

• 72degrees

Posted October 01, 2012 - 02:31 AM

Could be small valves in the fork top nuts to release build up of air pressure. My son's YZ85 had them. The idea is to release excess pressure to prevent seals blowing. To be fair we only found them useful after the bike had been tied down on a trailer for a while. You just depress them until the hissing stops.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted October 01, 2012 - 04:03 AM

You might be right 72degrees! I forgot about those valves.
Maniac

• revyrider

Posted October 01, 2012 - 06:19 AM

Just bought an '07 wr450 & noticed that it had a tendency to deflect the front tire to one side or the other over larger rocks rather than absorbing the hit & going in a straight line.Releasing the pressure in the forks using the bleed screws on top of each fork helped ALOT-it now goes right over with no troubles!

• jentzschman

Posted October 01, 2012 - 02:19 PM

Cool, thanks. I am going to shoot the seller a message to ask him as well. Just wondering what he will say...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.