Rear mounted exhaust

1 reply to this topic
  • STR8SHOOTR

Posted September 27, 2012 - 02:54 AM

Was wondering how you guys like the rear mounted exhaust, I think the heat from the header is one of the worst things about my 4stroke. I would love to have it out the rear, just wondering how it effects the performance if any

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 27, 2012 - 06:54 AM

The simple fact that the exhaust exits the head on a side other than the front has no effect on performance at all unless you put a ridiculously short header on it because of space considerations. That was one of the many things wrong with the Cannondale approach. Yamaha took a header of the right length and spun a coil in it to make it fit without the sacrifice and compromise.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.