Loc - tite on rear axel bolt?

4 replies to this topic
  • Bryan Bosch

Posted April 23, 2001 - 10:31 AM

Dirt Bike magazine said not to put loc tite on axles, however, there is not a castle nut and cotter pin on the dub-r and my axle nut has loosened after a few rides. Did I just not torque the nut tight enough? Are you using loc tite?

[This message has been edited by Bryan Bosch (edited 04-23-2001).]

• Scott_F

Posted April 23, 2001 - 10:47 AM

Torque it to 60 pounds and it should not come loose.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 23, 2001 - 04:14 PM

I torque mine to 90 ft/lbs, and have not had a problem. ~Hit-man~

------------------
00' yz426f LATER DAYS!!!

• MS

Posted April 23, 2001 - 04:43 PM

Bryan:

No problem with my WR axle bolt coming loose, but I have experienced loose Sprocket bolts, that I check every ride and have now lock tited...

MS.

• Greg_C

Posted April 24, 2001 - 04:22 AM

Mine was getting loose all the time almost after each ride. I just had to replace the axle and nut so I haven't had a chance to find out if it is still happening.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.