8 replies to this topic
  • Baja trail Rider

Posted September 24, 2012 - 09:48 PM

On our WR450s 07-08 cultch cables broke at the last 3 in from bottom.Keep open eye out.

• MANIAC998

Posted September 25, 2012 - 03:13 AM

• Baja trail Rider

Posted September 25, 2012 - 06:00 AM

• Mtn-Track

Posted September 25, 2012 - 09:28 AM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted September 25, 2012 - 05:40 PM

OOOOOOOooooooooooooooKkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.............................................................. I'll do just that. And keep my open eye out. Great advice.

Posted September 25, 2012 - 07:25 PM

On our WR450s 07-08 cultch cables broke at the last 3 in from bottom.Keep open eye out.

Thanks, you just reminded me I need to lube mine. Did you notice any fraying in that area beforehand? Would hate to think that it would just let go without any preliminary signs. Lately I have been tying a spare cable to my backpack on multiday baja rides, but never for day rides.

• kawi380

Posted September 26, 2012 - 10:18 AM

I still have the original clutch cable on my 08, but have had a spare in my tool bag since the day I bought the bike. I should probably just stick the new one on :thinking:

• stevethe

Posted September 26, 2012 - 03:50 PM

Think what he was trying to say is as soon as you need adjustment of the lever for no apparent reason it's starting to go. Had a couple of mine go on 07 on up. It's a real thick cable however it freys down at the bottom right next to the barrel end and its hard to see untill you get the cable off. You will have at least a rides notice.

• Baja trail Rider

Posted September 27, 2012 - 07:08 AM

Yes Guys ,when you get extra free play few times its about to go.Its hard to check.Since Im gone riding for days on end.My spare cable is on the bike next to other one.Other problem for me would be.you would not be able to get the bike out where we ride without cable.It is thick cable,the 04-06 cable is thin and can be used in a pinch.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.