Quiet YZF???

2 replies to this topic
  • bobwaye

Posted October 11, 2001 - 05:54 PM

I have GOT to find a way to quiet down the 426 without killing the midrange! Has anybody had any luck getting one of these bikes thru an ISDE soundcheck with a good portion of the powerband intact?? I'm currently running a WB E-series with the 'quiet core' baffle, and it pretty much runs like a Suzuki. Grrrr!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted October 11, 2001 - 07:52 PM

I have that relatively new FMF Q series silencer on my '01.

I've never been through a sound check, I did plan on borrowing a decible meter to see how loud it was but never got around to it. Point being I don't know if it will pass an ISDE check or not.

But my bike does not run like a Suzuki, of that I am certain.

Pipe stole a small amount of bottom but it revs very well. And it is much quieter than the stock can, and only a little louder than my buddy's 520 EXC.

• PMK

Posted October 12, 2001 - 05:27 PM

I'd like mine toned down somewhat also. It would be better to not reduce the power but I'll give some up for more riding access. I've been looking at the two pipes made by Arrow, one is the MX pipe like they run in Europe, the other which I'd really like more info on is the Paris Dakar pipe for the stock headpipe. The web picture looks like it might have a baffle and maybe a spark arrester. Listed price is $339. Anyone got experience or more info?

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.