Bashed my rear brake lever tip, now what?

8 replies to this topic
  • wrwest

Posted September 22, 2012 - 12:15 PM

Has anyone replaced the tip ? what can be done apart from buying new oem or aftermarket assemblies?

• GuyGraham

Posted September 23, 2012 - 06:15 AM

Make a replacement out of a spare bit of metal and use a bolt & nut to hold it place, in place of the std rivet

alternatively, straighten out the one that's on it
If its cracked or broken, weld it back together
You'll prob have to get it off if welding/straightening, but again fix it back in place with bolt and nut (nut should be inside the tip, not towards the clutch case, and use a csk head bolt so it don't protrude and puncture the case)

Edited by GuyGraham, September 23, 2012 - 09:03 AM.

• YZ450Hombre

Posted September 23, 2012 - 07:38 AM

Just buy a new one already! SHEESH

• wrwest

Posted September 23, 2012 - 07:51 AM

Just buy a new one already! SHEESH

Why not try and fix it for less! Dont have all the loot you apparently have!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ450Hombre

Posted September 23, 2012 - 07:56 AM

Why not try and fix it for less! Dont have all the loot you apparently have!

I work my regular job to support my family, I pay for my dirt bike habit by working side jobs, no I dont have alot of loot, but if a simple part is fixable I dont go to an internet forum to ask how, if it is that damaged just get a new one.

Edited by WR450hombre, September 23, 2012 - 08:07 AM.

• MaxPower

Posted September 23, 2012 - 09:45 AM

I only realize after selling some parts to S Africa on Gumtree ( South African Craigslist) that parts and bikes are way more than they cost us here.

• n16ht5

Posted September 23, 2012 - 12:18 PM

Ill sell you mine if you want

Edited by n16ht5, September 23, 2012 - 12:19 PM.

• panda38

Posted September 25, 2012 - 06:49 AM

I replaced my brake pedal with a lhrb so have a brake pedal, master cylinder, and rear brake hose I can sell you also

• YamaLink

Posted September 26, 2012 - 07:07 AM

The stock brake tip and lever is pretty good at handling being bashed, straightened, annihilated, fixed on the trail or garage, etc. Mine looks like Rosie O'Donnell's face but after a bunch of "fixing" it fits my boot perfectly and works like a charm.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.