any progress on450 starter

1 reply to this topic
  • thumpawoody

Posted November 08, 2003 - 11:55 PM

I ve been away from the board for about 2months and was wondering if their has been a "true" fix for the starter problems of the 450.
i have already replaced the starter clutch 2 times and the stater motor once the bike has 2400km on it. also my friend wants to know if the blue and grey wire mods will work on his wr250 03' as they worked well for me

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PBDBLUE

Posted November 09, 2003 - 07:30 AM

I have an '04 WR450 and it has a different starter drive. Appears to be a more robust fix than Loctite. I did some comparisons between '03 and '04 and it looks like the new parts will fit but I don't think anyone has actually done it. Anyway see previous post ('03 to '04 Starter Drive Update)for details http://www.thumperta...0/Number/743663

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.