2003 WR450 stator - is the light coil more powerful than the charge coil?

1 reply to this topic
  • cjard

Posted September 22, 2012 - 12:38 AM

Having wired a set of heated grips to my bro's 450, they work well for keeping his hands warm (too many power tools/smoking/drugs back in the 60s have shot his circulation, can't keep em warm on the trails in winter) but they drain the battery faster than it charges. does the light coil have a higher output/enough juice to run both the lights and the heated grips?

Theyre oxford hotgrips and consume max 48watts (4 amps) for the pair.. i havent been able to find anywhere that says what the wattage of the stator is

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted September 22, 2012 - 02:02 AM

A common method used to increase the amount of power being produced and sent to the battery is to "Float the ground". Do a search on this and you'll find all kinds of information. I'm just getting ready to do mine, so I don't have any results yet.
Maniac

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.