Carburetor parts

3 replies to this topic
  • frenchy

Posted October 11, 2001 - 07:14 AM

I need help in replacing the brass fuel inlet fitting on a '01 426. Mine was damaged in a crash and Yamaha does not list any part numbers, so this means a new carburetor at $800+!! I tried carbparts.com and Sudco with no luck. I may be left with searching for a machinist that can make this part from scratch, which would take some time.

• sirthumpalot

Posted October 11, 2001 - 07:44 AM

I wonder if the carb maker would sell you the part?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frenchy

Posted October 12, 2001 - 04:33 AM

Keihin will not sell this part. Everything is to go through the distributors, which don't know the part numbers, so they can't order it.

• DaveJ

Posted October 12, 2001 - 07:00 AM

What sort of damage?

Perhap you could just take it to a jeweler or welder and get it molded back into shape.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.