Can't get ignition coil out

2 replies to this topic
  • ruleej32

Posted September 20, 2012 - 08:04 AM

Trying to change the plug on my 2009 yz450. I can't get the ignition coil out though because it's getting stuck on my frame. I can lift it a few inches but the coil is so deep I can't completely remove it before the top of it gets stuck on my frame. Removing the tank would be pointless because it's getting stuck on the frame. Any ideas?

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted September 20, 2012 - 03:05 PM

Have to take the tank off.

• FinchFan194

Posted September 20, 2012 - 08:21 PM

Unplug it and rotate it 180 degrees and you should be good to lift it out toward the rear, much easier to just take the tank off though. It would certainly be quicker to take the tank off(takes 3 minutes) than sitting there trying to mess around with getting it off with the tank in place. The other benefit is making sure you have lots of room to access the plug.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.