YZ pipe on WR, water hose clearance issue, normal?

4 replies to this topic
  • Taxgod4u

Posted September 18, 2012 - 06:58 PM

I put a 2006 full yz pipe on my 2011 WR450. The head pipe is extreemly close to the water hose. The bend in the pipe where it makes the U turn to point to the rear of the bike seems to be about an inch farther forward than the stocker so it tucks in sooner and is closer to the water hose than the stocker (about 3-5mm gap). The factory "notch" in the pipe to clear the alum frame spine is in the correct place. Is this clearance normal?

Edited by Taxgod4u, September 18, 2012 - 07:41 PM.

• n16ht5

Posted September 18, 2012 - 07:11 PM

I have an 07 yzf full system.. a hair closer but hasn't caused any problem. We need pics

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taxgod4u

Posted September 19, 2012 - 02:57 PM

update, the head pipe is same bend as stock, but wants to rotate downwards towards the water pump when I tighten the exhaust flange nut and bolt. The flange portion of the pipe looks to be straight and not damaged. going to look at the gasket next, maybe damaged or not seated right... Any ideas?

• n16ht5

Posted September 20, 2012 - 08:38 AM

My 09 yzf head pipe on my 07 WRF. My radiators have been bent to hell and back more than a few times though.

Posted Image

Edited by n16ht5, September 20, 2012 - 08:39 AM.

• Taxgod4u

Posted September 20, 2012 - 09:26 AM

My 09 yzf head pipe on my 07 WRF. My radiators have been bent to hell and back more than a few times though.

Posted Image

how close is the head pipe to that water pipe? (looking downward)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.