TriFlow for clutch cable, GOOD!

7 replies to this topic
  • sirthumpalot

Posted October 11, 2001 - 01:48 AM

Someone here recommended triflow a while ago and I remembered that I had a can burried in the garage. So I tried it for the clutch cable last night, wow what a difference! I've been using some aresol cable lube which worked OK, but initially this is much better! Hopefully this weekend I'll find out how it lasts. OK just wanted to share.

• Scott_F

Posted October 11, 2001 - 04:34 AM

Hey, what's a good store to buy TriFlow?

• sirhk

Posted October 11, 2001 - 05:18 AM

Pretty much any bicycle shop should have it. It's used on bike chains and cables.

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"
"It's a Yellow 99' YZ400!!"

• Tom_in_KS

Posted October 11, 2001 - 05:38 AM

Tri-Flow is the greatest on clutch cables or cables of any kind. I used this for many years on road bikes (before the advent of hydraulic clutch systems).

Try it, you'll like it!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted October 11, 2001 - 06:09 AM

Like sirhk I got mine at a bike shop about 10 years ago. The propellant was gone but I charged it back up with the air compressor and now it sprays great. As a bonus it smells like banannas. Posted Image

• scottzx7rr

Posted October 11, 2001 - 10:51 PM

I actually came across something else that is pretty good. At Wal-Marts they were selling a Yellow can of silicon based lubricant for 1.99. I thought what the heck I would use it for after washings. I forgot my cable lube at a recent race and used it for the clutch cable. It was extremely slick on the cable. It to me felt as clost to the MSR Raptor/Hydro clutch pull that one could get. It was extremely easy to pull using the silicon.

------------------
Scott #410
Some Fear Racing "Cause if you don't have any you ain't going fast enough"
'99 YZ400F(Coming to a Theater near you soon)
'92 ZX-7R and '97 ZX-7RR
"Doesn't hurt till the bone is exposed"
"When cut do you bleed green? I do!"
Pics

• sirthumpalot

Posted October 12, 2001 - 02:57 AM

That silicone is good stuff for preventing corrosion, especially since silicone is not hard on the rubber and plastic like other petrolium based products are (wd-40, etc..). We use it under the hood of the boat motor and it keeps it looking like new.

How did it hold up for you as a cable lube? Did it wear out faster than other lubes, or about the same?

• scottzx7rr

Posted October 13, 2001 - 12:58 AM

Two weeks of riding without a replenishing shot down the cable sleeve and a wash job so I am pleased with it. This weekend will be the test for it as I didn't touch the bike other than yank the radiator off the bike for a repair. So I will see if it tighten up any sitting for a week as the previous two weeks I was on the bike five out of the seven days.

------------------
Scott #410
Some Fear Racing "Cause if you don't have any you ain't going fast enough"
'99 YZ400F(Coming to a Theater near you soon)
'92 ZX-7R and '97 ZX-7RR
"Doesn't hurt till the bone is exposed"
"When cut do you bleed green? I do!"
Pics

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.