Adjustable jetting (on the fly) on a WR450f?

3 replies to this topic
  • jentzschman

Posted September 18, 2012 - 06:42 AM

Is this for real? Found this bike: http://www.ksl.com/i...0&search=WR450f

Can someone provide details on what this is?

• Mtn-Track

Posted September 18, 2012 - 07:27 AM

My first thought was that it had an R&D remote adjustable fuel screw, but I don't see the knob in any of the photo's. Must have a straight/extended fuel screw that you can't see on the bottom of the carb and you certainly can't adjust it "on the fly" unless you're some sort of suicidal gymnast...

Edited by Mtn-Track, September 18, 2012 - 07:30 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted September 18, 2012 - 07:35 AM

Yeah, got to be just a fuel screw. You can tell the owner is not to veresed as he calls the forks 'shocks'.

There are adjustable main jets, but they do not work very well and there is a device that install in the carb bell but that too, works poorly. Other than FI, there is no substitute for little brass bits.

• n16ht5

Posted September 18, 2012 - 06:55 PM

I ride sea level to 8,000ft on the same jets. If you jet right you won't need to touch anything unless you go over 10K

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.