I weighed my "race ready" 09WR450 this morning.

27 replies to this topic
  • Bryan Bosch

Posted September 18, 2012 - 04:23 PM

Where/how a bike carries its weight matters. I ride a KTM 450 XCRW that is much heavier on paper then my off-roaded CRF450R and it sure doesn't feel like it when riding. And, nothing is going to make up for lack of fitness and fine bike control. I've ridded with guys on XR650R on fairly tight trails that I had to work to keep up. 260lb with 1/2 tank isn't heavy in my book for a 450 4T.

• Bandit9

Posted September 18, 2012 - 04:24 PM

By the time all the add on protection stuff for the real world and gas is put in, they will be pushing 250lbs, which is a lot for a 2 stroke to me.

• Bandit9

Posted September 18, 2012 - 04:28 PM

Where/how a bike carries its weight matters. I ride a KTM 450 XCRW that is much heavier on paper then my off-roaded CRF450R and it sure doesn't feel like it when riding. And, nothing is going to make up for lack of fitness and fine bike control. I've ridded with guys on XR650R on fairly tight trails that I had to work to keep up. 260lb with 1/2 tank isn't heavy in my book for a 450 4T.

I agree, my point is that 250-260lbs is heavy for a 2 stroke, so our WR's on a light diet are closer in weight than most of us thought.

I must not have worded my thread correctly, b/c it seems everyone thinks I'm complaining that my WR is heavy, when in fact, I'm tickled to death with it's 261.8lbs.

• Monk

Posted September 18, 2012 - 04:38 PM

I agree, my point is that 250-260lbs is heavy for a 2 stroke, so our WR's on a light diet are closer in weight than most of us thought.

I must not have worded my thread correctly, b/c it seems everyone thinks I'm complaining that my WR is heavy, when in fact, I'm tickled to death with it's 261.8lbs.

Which compared to a GG 300 2t is light!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bandit9

Posted September 18, 2012 - 05:15 PM

Well, it would be basically the same as a GasGas, Which is the point I was trying to make. LOL

• VinceDC

Posted September 18, 2012 - 06:17 PM

Not trying to make waves but Gas Gas must have a heavy 2-stroke. I have a 97 YZ 250 with all the offroad trim and a wide ratio trans. On a digital scale it weighs 241.5lb with a full tank of gas. I also have a WR(Which I love) and there are times where a little extra weight is an advantage. For a WR 261lb is pretty good but remember a gallon of gas weighs a little over 6 lb.

• n16ht5

Posted September 18, 2012 - 06:54 PM

I figure as long as I can keep riding anywhere my friends ride on the lighter bikes I am fine. I would rather have a better all around bike like the WR... plated, lights, smooth power, dual sport.

get a trials bike if you want light.

• Sierra_rider

Posted September 19, 2012 - 06:57 PM

My euro 2 stroke weighs in at 233.5 lbs with all the guards and 1/2 tank of fuel.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.