Baja site tube

5 replies to this topic
  • jim1234

Posted November 08, 2003 - 05:45 AM

how easy is the baja designs site tube to install? Is it made well and would you trust it. I installed a steering damper and it is a pain to check the oil level. I want something I can trust not breaking 50 miles from the truck.

• Dutch

Posted November 08, 2003 - 07:21 AM

It's easy to install if you are familiar with drilling and tapping. Mine has two seasons on it and is one of the best modifications I've done. Dry sump bikes are a such a pain checking the oil, the site tube solves that nicely. The Baja kit has top quaity components and they will hold your hand, (over the phone), if you need help.

• qadsan

Posted November 08, 2003 - 09:31 AM

You can easily & inexpensively (~$30) make your own oil sight tube yourself with the highest quality parts around. Swagelok & Parker both make 1/8 NPT 90 degree elbow fittings that accept 1/4" smooth tubing. Then its just a matter of carefully drilling / tapping the frame and finally installing the tubing. You can buy all the components at an industrial hardware shop, or a good plumbing supply store, or a place such as McMasterCarr

If you want a PDF file with more info about this, send me a PM with your email address and I'll email it to you. If you're already a member of the XR650R Yahoo group, then simply go the files section and search for the words "Oil Sight Tube.pdf" that was produced by Mark Clark. Thanks Mark :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jim1234

Posted November 08, 2003 - 06:00 PM

Thanks I'm a member. I'll go check it out

• BWB63

Posted November 11, 2003 - 05:54 PM

There is a picture in the photo section also, it's six pictures in one makes it hard to figure out but, was made that way to save space. :)

I just bought some stuff from Bajadesings yesterday and got the stuff today! :D I think they ran the stuff to my house after work on the way home or something! :D I got two of there speedo's, a shark fin and and hydrolic brake light switch. They where fast. Great place to shop :D , wish I would of got a sticker though. I am such a :D baby!

• Dutch

Posted November 11, 2003 - 07:15 PM

Be carefull with the pipe tap - you don't want to go too deep.
Run the tap in a small amount and try the fitting.
The fitting needs to tighten before it bottoms. Just take your time - it's easy.

Related Content

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  47 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.