Refilling cooling system

2 replies to this topic
  • mxaddict392

Posted September 15, 2012 - 12:35 PM

After a crash last weekend I have to replace the radiator hoses and "pipe 2". Anyway my question is, what is the easiest and best way to drain the cooling fluid and refill the system? I want to make sure that I dont the the system airlocked to where the fluid doesnt flow beause of air bubbles.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Procircuit386

Posted September 15, 2012 - 12:42 PM

Theres a drain bolt near the water pump. Take it out and let the fluid come out (take off cap while doing this). after it is finished put the bolt back in. fill the radiator up. lean the bike to both sides a decent amount. youll hear the air bubbles coming out. repeat this until the radiator is completely full with no air bubbles from side leaning.

ride then check the level and repeat fluid adding steps if needed.

also there is no way to keep it "air locked" and add fluid.

• mxaddict392

Posted September 15, 2012 - 12:58 PM

Thanks, I guess what I meant was I dont want an air bubble to get in a hose or the water pump and not have the water circulating but still appear full when I take off the cap.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.