First ride on the pig

10 replies to this topic
  • jim1234

Posted November 07, 2003 - 07:14 PM

I just went from a crf450 to a almost new 200 mile pig. First lesson learned if you want to turn fast stay on the gas. The bike is uncorked and jetted . It felt a little lazy then you look back and it's digginng a four inch trench. Second where did honda hide the rear brake pedal way too small . The stock bars are the worst bend I've ridden .I put new bars and a steering stabilizer on ,now it's much better. The 450 was a great bike but I wanted to take some long rides . I think the 650 will fit my needs . now only if I can make it wheelie from corner to corner like the 450.

• BuddyK

Posted November 08, 2003 - 04:59 AM

I'm anxiously waiting for mine to be delivered (hopefully by the 21st). Thanks for the ride report.
It's weird buying a bike I've never ridden :D
But after reading through this & other forums, I'm confident it's what I want :)

• Dutch

Posted November 08, 2003 - 05:26 AM

Pumper carb, 13/50 gearing, performance header = corner to corner wheelies :)

• jim1234

Posted November 08, 2003 - 05:56 AM

I made the trade without riding the bike . I started it and check things out ,but didn't ride it. I also used the forums to help make my mide up. I really think it's a bike that grows on you. You can jump on a 450 and have go fast right away. It is very easy to ride fast. The brp takes time to learn to go fast. Now I can go a 100 miles without major mods. I'm looking at barstow to vegas in a couple of weeks. I did on a xr 600 ,the 650 is such a better bike, I think it would be a lot more fun. Thanks for all the help making my choice

• Dutch

Posted November 08, 2003 - 07:34 AM

I agree with you 100% - she grew on me big time. Character is a rarity in the mechanical world.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Miker

Posted November 08, 2003 - 09:07 AM

I'll second the little brake pedal thing. I bought mine off E-bay with about 400 miles on it. It was basicly new and the fella I got it from was great. I still went down to the local pig farm to check out the new piglit brake pedals to make sure mine was not bent in. Sure enough they were all mutant little pigs with under developed brake pedals. Must be something in the sushi over seas. :)

• Eric_Mc

Posted November 10, 2003 - 09:45 PM

Mike, I'm in Shingletown and new the BRP. Where do you ride? Post, or PM me! Eric

• SoCalDirtDevil

Posted November 11, 2003 - 04:20 PM

I bought mine without a test ride! Little brake pedal? :) Who uses the brakes??? :D

• mr660

Posted November 11, 2003 - 08:21 PM

Damn straight my friend!! what hell is a brake anyway :)

• JR650

Posted November 11, 2003 - 08:50 PM

i went for a little rip in the dealer yard when i bought mine, and almost hit a boat :), used the front brake, i still miss the back pedal regularly.

• mikenpalsie

Posted June 18, 2007 - 04:37 PM

anyone try flattrackin one of these big pigs ?

Related Content

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.