Anyone add cooling fan to 426

2 replies to this topic
  • JMathis

Posted September 12, 2012 - 04:52 PM

I am having a problem with my bike running extremely hot when doing trail layout and marking for dual sport rides is SE Ohio. I am afraid that there is going to be engine damage if I do not do something to cool this thing down. I am hoping that the temperature reading on the Trailtech Vapor is inaccurate. I had a high of 272 today.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MaxPower

Posted September 13, 2012 - 12:42 AM

Im not saying that a fan wouldn't help things I'm telling you I think you'll be fine father getting your bike that hot.i tried a yfz450 quad for a few hours. Those motors get so hot that I literally could not keep my right foot on the pegs with mx boots on because it was kicking off so much heat. Those poor engines on the quads really take abuse

• nnamssorxela

Posted September 13, 2012 - 06:37 AM

I have yet to add one, but a while back I was looking at SPAL <-- click. They seemed to have good specs and they had some small enough that you could put a puller on the back side of the radiator and shoot it out the shroud vent. Waterproof, good CFM, and "reasonably" priced.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.