Side number plate gas tank for a 2002 cr250

6 replies to this topic
  • Sycamore

Posted September 12, 2012 - 08:37 AM

Do they make a left side number plate gas tank for the 2002 CR250? I absolutely hate my 3g clark when it's full so I put my stock 2g on. I'd like to have more capacity without the up high weight of the 3g tank. I know they used to or still do make one for the ktm's just wondering if anyone knows of one for the honda. I've looked and cant find them.

• kneedrag05

Posted September 12, 2012 - 09:59 AM

I have seen the universal front number plate fuel tank, but that wont solve your weight up high problem....never seen the side plate ones

• Mikie1

Posted September 12, 2012 - 11:43 AM

I plumbed my frame spars and got just under a half-gallon extra capacity. But I screwed up & didn't test enough with air pressure before I put gas in. Had a few pinhole leaks, now my welder friends say it'll be hard to get the aluminum clean enough to spot weld & seal up the leaks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 305TID

Posted September 12, 2012 - 11:49 AM

I plumbed my frame spars and got just under a half-gallon extra capacity. But I screwed up & didn't test enough with air pressure before I put gas in. Had a few pinhole leaks, now my welder friends say it'll be hard to get the aluminum clean enough to spot weld & seal up the leaks.

Is that safe? Sounds interesting though.

• Sycamore

Posted September 12, 2012 - 12:05 PM

I have seen the universal front number plate fuel tank, but that wont solve your weight up high problem....never seen the side plate ones

Yeah I know about that, but was hoping for another option.

• Sycamore

Posted September 12, 2012 - 12:06 PM

Yeah I heard about doing that, I dont know that it's worth it for a 1/2g..although I admit a 1/2g is pretty impressive.

• Kirkes

Posted September 12, 2012 - 12:40 PM

use some gas tank repair epoxy to seal up the leaks. That way you don't have to weld.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Restoration CR125 2003 - From Chile by McGrau

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   Honda 2-Stroke
  • Hot  39 replies
Forums
Photo

99 Cr125r not running correctly by josephduckworth

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Last generation cr250s by hondaman331

• Hot  181 replies
Forums
Photo

best looking trail bike. by pain99

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • Hot  260 replies
Forums
Photo

Anyone know what kind of lever this is by shatteredclutch

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.