'03 WR450 neutral wire?

2 replies to this topic
  • RipGroove99

Posted September 12, 2012 - 05:47 AM

Installing a gear indicator on my Supermoto which requires a neutral signal, so where's the best place to take that from? I hear there's a blue wire going into a connector plug under the tank, is that what i need? If so can i just splice in to it? Are there any other neutral signals anywhere on the bike?

Also i need a positive and negative to power the unit so rather than take straight off the battery so it doesn't drain, where can i take these feeds from so that they only power the unit when the ignition is on?

As you can see I'm not great with electrics so any help appreciated :-)

Edited by RipGroove99, September 12, 2012 - 05:52 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nnamssorxela

Posted September 12, 2012 - 06:44 AM

This might help you out a bit. Not sure how the '03 is different.

http://www.supermoto...a-neutral-light

• RipGroove99

Posted September 12, 2012 - 07:43 AM

I did see that thread thanks, i guess I'll have to try that blue wire and see what happens. Any idea how to wire up the power source so that its only on when the ignitions on?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.