WR 426 Loud Intermittent Rattle From Right Side

22 replies to this topic
  • nnamssorxela

Posted October 07, 2012 - 12:00 PM

Well guys, I'm just frustrated beyond belief at this point. I obviously don't know how to work on this bike. It is stuck in gear and the shift lever will not budge. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed the manual and thought everything went well. Any suggestions?

The good news is that the idle is buttery smooth, and the rattle is gone, so I guess it's a start.

-Alex

EDIT: I'm an idiot. I took the clutch off to take a peak and as I expected, the shift shaft arm was not over the little pin, but beside it. It must have wiggled it's way loose when I had the side cover off. Time to drain the fluids and pull the cover off again. This sure has been a learning experience for me, and on the brighter side of things I'm getting really good at changing oil, coolant, clutch plates, and pulling that side cover off. :bonk:

Edited by nnamssorxela, October 07, 2012 - 02:47 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nnamssorxela

Posted October 08, 2012 - 01:39 PM

I just got back from a short ride. I'd like to thank everyone for their help and putting up with my incessant questions and thinking out loud. The bike is much quieter (no rattling!) and I finally have some peace of mind, at least until the next issue pops up.

Thanks again and happy riding :ride:

-Alex

• MANIAC998

Posted October 08, 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hang in there Alex! We all started out as newbie mechanics at one time! Glad to hear you've got it working well. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.