What clutch lever?

22 replies to this topic
  • BFox

Posted September 10, 2012 - 04:37 AM

Clutch pull is killing me in the tight single track compared to the hydraulic unit on my old Husky.So many to choose from I need some input.'12 WR 450

• 123honus

Posted September 10, 2012 - 05:45 AM

Wow,
I just got a 2012 WR and thought the clutch pull was really easy.
It is about half as difficult as my 03.
Are you sure you don't have something adjusted wrong??

• BFox

Posted September 10, 2012 - 07:14 AM

Adjustment is fine. After an hour or so of slipping/ feathering it is tiring.My buddy has a 08 RMZ and he changed his out to a Sunline I think it was a big difference when we swapped bikes for a bit and he commented that it felt like his before he changed the lever

• MaddogYZ

Posted September 10, 2012 - 07:23 AM

Streamline makes a very nice clutch pearch assembly that I saw a small improvement with on my YZ. I had an '05 WR and if you're '12 is anything like it just go for the Magura hydraulic clutch kit. No cable operated clutch will ever match the feel of and ease of a hydraulic unit. My hand and foremarm use to pump up so bad wrestling that pig through the tight stuff.

• BFox

Posted September 10, 2012 - 10:34 AM

Streamline makes a very nice clutch pearch assembly that I saw a small improvement with on my YZ. I had an '05 WR and if you're '12 is anything like it just go for the Magura hydraulic clutch kit. No cable operated clutch will ever match the feel of and ease of a hydraulic unit. My hand and foremarm use to pump up so bad wrestling that pig through the tight stuff.

Yes. Having had juice units on my last 3 Huskys it is very tempting and i have found a source in California for the Magura

• MANIAC998

Posted September 10, 2012 - 02:26 PM

I've got a Rekluse on my cable operated '06 WR, and while not everyone likes the auto-clutches, the clutch pull when I do use it, is virtually non-existant. It's so light, that I think I might be able to mentally telepathy it in & out. (Well, maybe not me, but it is ridiculously easy)
Maniac

• BFox

Posted September 10, 2012 - 02:56 PM

I've got a Rekluse on my cable operated '06 WR, and while not everyone likes the auto-clutches, the clutch pull when I do use it, is virtually non-existant. It's so light, that I think I might be able to mentally telepathy it in & out. (Well, maybe not me, but it is ridiculously easy)
Maniac

Hmm interesting

• MANIAC998

Posted September 10, 2012 - 04:38 PM

Have you tried one yet? They truely are remarkable. I almost never have to manually clutch the bike, as the engine does it for you.
Maniac

• allterra

Posted September 11, 2012 - 01:20 AM

I have the Revloc auto clutch I love it and now the clutch pull feels like a broken cable. I have had friends go to move my bike not knowing I have it and come back and tell me my clutch cable was broken. so I play along and go over start up the bike and drive away watching thier jaw drop then they just have to try it. the only draw backs I have found is when you stop in the woods on a little hill you don't have 1st gear to stop it from rolling off the kick stand, but you soon learn. also you can not pop start the bike, but with a battery and a kick I have yet needed to. yes, you do still have engine breaking.

• MANIAC998

Posted September 11, 2012 - 04:33 AM

AND they virtually eliminate engine stalling!!!
Maniac

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BFox

Posted September 11, 2012 - 08:33 AM

This is good.I just wanted a better lever for an easeir pull and you guys have upsold me to a hydraulic auto clutch.Any other big ticket items you think I need?

• allterra

Posted September 11, 2012 - 12:37 PM

lol... well there is the International pickup that makes a great bike hauler if you rig an elevator to get it up to the bed. :lol:

• BFox

Posted September 11, 2012 - 01:06 PM

Ah yes a CXT. They are the bomb.Makes my Super Duty look like a tinker toy

• BFox

Posted September 11, 2012 - 01:08 PM

Wait a minute Im hijacking my own topic. Need clutch lever opinions only please

• Braptor

Posted September 11, 2012 - 04:21 PM

Sounds like you might be in the market for a Righteous Stunt Clutch Lever
http://www.righteousstuntmetal.com/

Posted Image

http://youtu.be/3YQewIh-zFE

Edited by Braptor, September 11, 2012 - 04:24 PM.

• BFox

Posted September 12, 2012 - 04:21 AM

Thanks Braptor thats the kind of info Im looking for

• BFox

Posted September 12, 2012 - 04:30 AM

Done. On order

• r1alvin

Posted September 16, 2012 - 01:33 PM

RSC ON ALL OF MY BIKES ALWAYS! SUPER high quality product-best on the market hands down. I got one on my R1 AND on my '12 WR450:

Posted Image

Edited by r1alvin, September 16, 2012 - 01:36 PM.

• BFox

Posted September 16, 2012 - 02:34 PM

Nice to hear. Hopefully I made the right choice

• BFox

Posted October 10, 2012 - 04:24 AM

RSC on. Awesome fit and finish and feel. Only drawback is that I had to adjust cable and lever almost to the max for proper clutch disengagement.May contact them to see if they can whip up another adjustment screw with 1/4" more thread

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.