2008 WR450 Speedometer help please...

8 replies to this topic
  • Knocksville450

Posted September 09, 2012 - 07:22 PM

Hi, Im new to the form.
Ive just rebuilt a new to me 2008 WR450, and need some help with resetting the instruments/ odometer. I added a big tanl, recluse clutch suspension up grades trail tech headlight, Hyperlite stop/tail/ turn units and a new TN license plate. I love this bike!
Ive been used to using the Vapor on my KLR650 successfuly but, Now im a bit confused and need some directions.
When I stop to fill up the tank I like to reset the milage.

So far the best I have been able to do is start pushing the three rubber buttons until things begin to change. I have no idea what im doing.
With this method I was able to get the clock reset. I find myself spending about 20 minutes at the pump just randomly pushing the rubber buttons. Where can I get some instruction?
Yes, its true, I am button challanged. I have some difficulty changing channels on the tv. Even this typing goes really slow for me.
Thanks a bunch,
Richard B.

• wizbangdoodle

Posted September 09, 2012 - 07:26 PM

I think you can download the owners manual from the Yamaha site. I can go get my manual and post up tomorrow if you don't have an answer by then. I am assuming that you just want to reset the odometer? If so, you just push and hold the reset button until it resets to 0. Hope that's what you're looking for.

• MANIAC998

Posted September 09, 2012 - 07:27 PM

Get a manual for your machine. They have a detailed description on how to adjust the instrument cluster.
Maniac

• GlennR

Posted September 10, 2012 - 04:05 AM

Link for Manual http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0

The button by itself, on the left, resets the milage. Just press it for about 5 seconds.

I see you're in Knoxville. There's going to be an ADVrider rally up at Watauga Lake in May ( http://www.advrider....ad.php?t=820686 ) .

Also, Mtn.City is opening a piblic OHV park on Doe Mtn in the spring. Look me up if you ever wander this direction.

Edited by GlennR, September 10, 2012 - 04:06 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Knocksville450

Posted September 10, 2012 - 09:29 PM

Thanks for the tip on the online manual.
I wish it was printable. I come in to see it on the computer then by the time I walk back out to the the shop there not much of it left in my brain. I will buy one soon. I bought a Haynes manual but there is no info there.
Ive done something BAD.Now my speedo reads way slow. It displays MPH but its about 30-40% slow. the odometer /trip meter works but its proportionally slow like the speedometer. Ive aready tried cussing... no success.

• MANIAC998

Posted September 11, 2012 - 04:35 AM

Cussing only works if it's accompanied with the use of a really big hammer!!! Batter-up!!!
Maniac

• GuyGraham

Posted September 11, 2012 - 10:08 AM

Thanks for the tip on the online manual.
I wish it was printable. I come in to see it on the computer then by the time I walk back out to the the shop there not much of it left in my brain. I will buy one soon. I bought a Haynes manual but there is no info there.
Ive done something BAD.Now my speedo reads way slow. It displays MPH but its about 30-40% slow. the odometer /trip meter works but its proportionally slow like the speedometer. Ive aready tried cussing... no success.

it is printable - its a pdf copy of the manual the original owner gets with the bike
just print the pages yo u want from it

• maynardo

Posted September 11, 2012 - 12:41 PM

You have just changed the tire diameter setting, page 1-18 in the manual. It is adjustable between 65.0-115.0% of stock tire diameter. To put it back where it was push the upper right and left buttons at the same time for 2 seconds, the display will show a number betwen 65 and115, push the up or down buttons to make it read 100.0, and Bob's your uncle.

• wizbangdoodle

Posted September 11, 2012 - 02:17 PM

I had the idea at one time to make a small laminated cheatsheet of all the functions of this unit. That way i can carry it with me in my Camelback. I think I'll do it now.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.