Hey Bryan, No XR review?

4 replies to this topic
  • paul913

Posted April 23, 2001 - 09:13 PM

I expected to dial in here and read a full page essay on the little thumper. :) I'm putting my XR in the paper today and hope to have a smaller one by the end of the month.

• Bryan

Posted April 23, 2001 - 10:26 AM

OK Here goes:
Honda XR70

Wheelies - Yes with full throttle, leaning back and major handlebar crank. Now that I think about it, I don't even think you need the throttle for this procedure.
Jumping - Yes, but anything will jump with enough speed. It's the landing that's tough.
Handling - Yes, it turns.
Power - Yes, it goes. Faster than I expected actually.
Attracts chicks - Yes, but they are under 11 years old. I'm not into that.
Comes in Blue - No, but that's it's only downside.
Best feature - Great for riding to the mailbox and confirming to my neighbors that I'm very immature for my age.

Actually I bought it for my boys and they love it. The 9 year old was ripping and catching a little air. The 6 year old grabbed a handful of throttle his first time out and is still intimidated by it.

[This message has been edited by Bryan (edited 04-23-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JamesD

Posted April 23, 2001 - 12:30 PM

You don't even want to know how far I used to jump on my SL70... you'd never let your kids near that XR! :)

Posted April 23, 2001 - 12:46 PM

Jake how much for the xr70 and what year.

• paul913

Posted April 23, 2001 - 03:07 PM

Hey Monty,
Sorry to confuse things. I'm selling an XR600 and buying another XR70 for my kids.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.