What year exhaust.

4 replies to this topic
  • NoRubber

Posted September 06, 2012 - 01:29 PM

Just bought a 2001 WR426, what year exhaust will fits? Bike is going to be used in the city, so DB comes into consideration.

What year YZ systems fit, what aftermarked silencer fits, where is most bang for the buck?

• Ssquared

Posted September 17, 2012 - 05:55 AM

I currently have a Pro Circuit T-4 from an 04 yz450f on my 99 wr 400f. bolted on, no issues other than the rear fender getting melted a little just at the very very bottom because of the larger mid pipe.

Edited by Ssquared, September 17, 2012 - 05:55 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • freeriders98

Posted September 17, 2012 - 06:30 AM

I believe any steel framed WR or YZ exhaust will work. If you could find a complete stock YZ exhaust that would be good. YZ is a bigger diameter exhaust by a fair amount.

• Ssquared

Posted September 18, 2012 - 07:24 AM

I believe any steel framed WR or YZ exhaust will work. If you could find a complete stock YZ exhaust that would be good. YZ is a bigger diameter exhaust by a fair amount.

Nope, yz header is the same exact part number as wr. They used them on the yfz450 quads as well

• freeriders98

Posted December 06, 2012 - 10:48 AM

Nope, yz header is the same exact part number as wr. They used them on the yfz450 quads as well

Look at post #15. This is on a newer WR. But my buddy had a stock exhaust from an 03 YZ450, and the stock header was way to big to fit into the mid pipe on my WR.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.