WR450 2 trac -- 2wd wr450

4 replies to this topic
  • Matt96xr6

Posted November 06, 2003 - 07:49 PM

Anyone see the pics and info in the latest CycleNews? yeah, the Paris show. Yamaha is building a 2wd wr450! Cost is $3500 on top of the WR, but you get ohlins suspension and the 2 trac system. Reading how it works, it is hydraulics through a vane setup in the hub of the front wheel. It can transfer up to 15% power to the front wheel.

Sounds cool! Wonder if we will see a test in a magazine. It is a short read about it, but definately cool!

• WR_Jason

Posted November 07, 2003 - 12:00 PM

Yeah I red an article on it like a year ago. I have a pic of it in the desert as my wall paper on my desktop at work. It should be a great desert bike. I dont think it will be a good tight woods bike though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted November 07, 2003 - 12:43 PM

I bet it is great in the deep mud too! :)

• jetdave

Posted November 07, 2003 - 01:17 PM

I don't want ot be around when somebody really gets that thing stuck with both wheels digging in a mud rut :D :D :D :D :)

• moto41

Posted November 08, 2003 - 10:42 PM

here's an article with some more info and pics of the bike.
I'm more into motocross but i think that would be crazy awsome to go playaround with that bike in some sand.
*edit* sorry i don't know how to get the link to go straight to the article, but just scroll down, right now it's the third one down.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.